Serbian Orthodox Church temple of Holy Trinity in Bosanski Doljani is in a central part of Štrbački buk – Lohovo visitors’ area. Having in mind that for centuries the local population have known this spot as Crkvine (a church sight) it is very likely that the temple itself was built upon the ruins of an older, ancient sacral object (probably a church from the lat antiquity period). Archaeological findings and the construction of the building indicate that the previous building could be dated back to the period of late antiquity – the 5th or 6th century AD. Fragments of a Roman inscription and a Japodian urn with names of Aurelius Clementinus and Aurelius Maxsimus which had been used as spolia – building material were found in the remnants of the temple.
By the end of the 19th century, paroh (priest) Stevan Kovačević, while being in service here, built a small chapel upon the ancient ruins. The church was built in 1894 and sanctified by metropolitan (bishop) dabrobosanski Georgije Nikolajević. The temple was devastated in the last war and reconstructed in the period of 2012-2014.